Curried Bean Dip or Spread
Serve as a dip with assorted fresh vegetables or whole-grain crackers. Use as a spread on whole-grain pita pockets, flour tortillas or rolls.Place 3 cups sliced fresh carrots in a steamer in medium saucepan.
Makes 3 cups.
- Add small amount of water and bring to a boil.
- Steam for 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain well.
- While carrots are cooking, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Add 1 medium finely chopped onion and 3 cloves minced garlic.
- Sauté until onions are tender.
- Stir in 1 T. curry powder and 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Place cooked carrots and onion mixture into a food processor.
- Add 1 (15-ounce) can drained cannellini beans and ¼ teaspoon white pepper.
- Cover and process until nearly smooth.
- Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.