Creamy Carrot and Potato Soup
Makes 6 servings
- In large saucepan place 4½ cups low-sodium vegetable stock, 2 cups shredded carrots, 2 celery stalks cut into small pieces, 1 medium onion coarsely chopped, and 3 cups peeled and cubed baking potatoes (1 lb).
- Bring to a boil; lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place half of the mixture into a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Repeat with the rest of the soup and return the blended soup to the saucepan.
- To make a creamier soup, you can whisk in ½ cup half & half cream at this time.
- Stir in ¼ cup minced fresh parsley, ½ teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Heat gently and serve warm.