Cocoa CookiesIngredients1/3 cup powdered sugar2 tablespoons flaked coconut2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder1 tablespoon cornstarch3 egg whites½ teaspoon vanilla¼ cup granulated sugarDirections
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- In small bowl combine powdered sugar, coconut, cocoa powder and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in coconut-cocoa mixture. Pipe or spoon egg white mixture into scant 2-inch stars or mounds on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool cookies completely on baking sheets. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Make 24 cookies.