Chilled Summertime Carrot Soup
Yield: 4 servings
- In saucepan bring to a boil 2 cups sliced fresh carrots and 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 5-7 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add ½ chopped medium red onion, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, ¾ teaspoon ground cumin, ¼ teaspoon ground coriander, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and 1 large chopped yellow summer squash. Stir together.
- Bring back to a boil, lower heat and simmer with the cover on for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour into large bowl and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving stir 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt into the soup.
- Divide into serving bowls and garnish with chopped fresh chives.