Chicken Nuggets with Dipping Sauce
vegetable cooking spray
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons no-sugar-added or low sugar peach or apricot
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a shallow baking pan with
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry
with paper towels. Cut into 1-inch chunks.
3. Place flour, salt and pepper in sealable food storage bag.
Combine cereal crumbs and oregano in shallow bowl. Whisk together the egg white
and water in small bowl.
4. Place 6-7 pieces of chicken in bag with flour mixture; seal
the bag. Shake to coat the chicken pieces. Remove chicken chunks and shake off
excess flour. Dip chicken pieces into egg white mixture, coating all sides.
Roll in crumb mixture. Place in shallow baking pan. Repeat with remaining chicken
pieces until all are coated.
5. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
6. To make dipping sauce: Place sauce and jam in saucepan. Cook
and stir over low heat until heated through.