Makes 6 servings
- Coat a large saucepan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Crumble in 2 cups reduced-fat Italian turkey or soy-based sausage and 1 medium finely diced yellow onion.
- Stir occasionally while the sausage browns, for about 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup red wine and stir together for a few minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoons dried basil, 2 teaspoons dried oregano and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Add 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added chicken broth.
- Add in 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in 1 package refrigerated uncooked reduced-fat cheese tortellini.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.