- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In medium bowl stir together 3 cups SIMPLY POTATOES Shredded Hash Browns and ¼ cup melted no-trans-fat margarine (or butter). Press ¼ cup of the potato mixture into each muffin cup, lining the bottom and sides. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brown ½-pound bulk Italian turkey sausage in nonstick skillet. Add ½ cup finely chopped mushrooms and ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender.
- Fill each baked hash brown cup equally with the turkey mixture.
- In small bowl whisk together 2 cups egg substitutes and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning. Pour over the sausage mixture, filling each muffin cup equally. Sprinkle the tops with shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cup comes out clean. Makes 12 servings.
- Recipe from the Diabetic Cooking magazine, July/August 2012 issue.