- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel 1 medium eggplant, and slice into thin slices. Place liquid egg whites in a pie plate and Italian-style bread crumbs in another pie plate. Coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Dip each eggplant slice into the egg white first, coating both sides. Then dip into the bread crumbs and place on cookie sheet in single layer. Continue until all eggplant slices have been coated. Spray the tops of the eggplant with olive oil cooking spray. Bake in hot oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Coat a deep casserole dish with cooking spray. Spoon homemade marinara sauce in the bottom of the dish to coat. Place a single layer of cooked eggplant slices over the sauce, then a layer of thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, and finally a topping of the marinara sauce. Repeat the entire layering one more time to use up the eggplant slices.
- Bake uncovered in hot oven for about 20 minute or until bubbly. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minute before cutting.
- Makes 6-8 servings.