1 (3-lb.) boneless pork sirloin
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 rinsed can water chestnuts, sliced into strips
½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
½ tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
5 green onions, thinly sliced
Large lettuce leaves for serving
1. Cut roast into 2-3-inch pieces.
Remove visible fat. Place in crockpot, along with pepper strips and water chestnuts.
2. In small bowl whisk together soy sauce, garlic, Hoisin sauce, honey and ginger. Pour into crockpot. Mix well to combine.
3. Cover crockpot. Cook on LOW heat for 8-10
hours or until pork is fork-tender.
4. Remove roast from cooking liquid;
cool slightly. Trim away excess fat. Shred pork using 2 forks.
5. Blend water, cornstarch and sesame
oil; whisk into a liquid. Add to the liquid in the slow cooker. Add green onions. Cook on HIGH
until thickened. Add shredded meat to slow cooker; mix well. Cook 15 minutes or until hot.
6. Serve by dishing ¼ cup of pork
filling into large lettuce leaves. Wrap to enclose. Makes 20 bundles.