Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl together ¼ cup granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Coat a 10-inch bundt pan with cooking spray and then dust with 1 Tbsp. of the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- In large bowl stir together 1 (17-ounce) package yellow or spice cake mix, 3 eggs or ¾ cup egg substitutes and 1 2/3 cup natural applesauce. Mix according to the package directions. Measure out 1½ cups cake batter and set aside. Pour remaining batter evenly into the bundt pan, spreading out with a knife.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with 1 cup finely diced fresh apples, and then the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture. Cover evenly with the 1½ cups of batter.
- Place bundt pan on middle oven rack and bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in pan, and then invert onto a serving plate.